Foundation # 6 — 3 C
The Work of The Holy Spirit
Examples of How The Holy Spirit Functions
The New Covenant And The Holy Spirit
February 16, 2014
In attempting to establish these foundations and to emphasize the expediency of recognizing and experiencing the FULLNESS of the Holy Spirit, we feel a total sense of having failed to make the point. For that reason I have listed over 130 Bible references to His work in the New Testament. I am speculating that all these things are available to us under the New Covenant provisions. The invisible work of the Holy Spirit building up our new inner man is indicated but surely incomplete. These things are personal experiences that are not listed as corporate expressions. Even though there are not many references to this inner work, each person must add their own experience in their evaluation of His Work.
Of course, this list is not EVERYTHING recorded but is surely enough to make an impact upon any who are willing to learn.
(1)Jesus was Conceived by the Holy Spirit
(2) Holy Spirit Revealed to Simeon that he would see the Lord's Christ soon.
(3) Jesus led into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit
(4) The Holy Spirit speaks in us
(5) Jesus was aware by the Spirit that they were reasoning together
(6) Believers are filled with the Holy Spirit
(7) It was revealed by the Holy Spirit.
(8) He came in the Spirit to the temple.
(9) Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit.
(10) The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me because He has anointed Me.
(11) He greatly rejoiced in the Holy Spirit.
(12) The Holy Spirit will teach you in that hour what to say.
(13) We must be born of the Spirit.
(14) God is Spirit.
(15) It is the Spirit who gives Life.
(16) He is the Spirit of Truth.
(17) The Helper who is the Holy Spirit.
(18) The Spirit of Truth bears witness of Jesus.
(19) The Spirit of Truth will guide you into all Truth.
(20) The Holy Spirit speaks what He hears.
(21) Jesus Said receive the Holy Spirit.
(22) Jesus had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the Apostles.
(23) You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.
(24) As the Spirit gave them utterance.
(25) They were all filled with the Holy Spirit.
(26) I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind.
(27) Having received the promise of the Holy Spirit.
(28) You shall receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit.
(29) Put the Spirit of the Lord to the test.
(30) The Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.
(31) They were full of the Spirit of Wisdom.
(32) They were full of faith and the Holy Spirit.
(33) Always resisting the Holy Spirit.
(34) Being full of the Holy Spirit he gazed intently.
(35) The Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away.
(36) The fear of the Lord and the comfort of the Holy Spirit.
(37) The Spirit said to Peter.
(38) How God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit and power.
(39) The Spirit told me to go with them.
(40) The Holy Spirit fell upon them.
(41) Agabus indicated by the Spirit.
(42) The Holy Spirit said, Separate for me Barnabas and Saul.
(43) So being sent out by the Holy Spirit.
(44) Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit fixed his gaze upon him.
(45) The disciples were continually filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.
(46) Forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak.
(47) Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?
(48) The Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city.
(49) The flock which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.
(50) They kept telling Paul through the Spirit.
(51) This is what the Holy Spirit says.
(52) According to the Spirit of Holiness.
(53) Circumcision is done by the Spirit.
(54) The Love of God in our hearts by the holy Spirit.
(55) Serve God in the Newness of the Spirit.
(56) The law of the Spirit of Life.
(57) Those who walk according to the Spirit.
(58) The mind set on the Spirit is Life and Peace.
(59) The Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead.
(60) Give Life to your mortal bodies by His Spirit who indwells you.
(61) By the Spirit putting to death the deeds of the body.
(62) All who are being led by the Spirit of God, are the sons of God.
(63) The first fruits of the Spirit.
(64) The Spirit helps our weakness.
(65) The Spirit Himself intercedes for us .
(66) He who searches the heart knows what the Mind of the Spirit is.
(67) My conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.
(68) Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
(69) You may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(70) Being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
(71) Signs and wonders in the power of the Holy Spirit.
(72) By the Love of the Spirit.
(73) My message was by the demonstration of the Spirit and power.
(74) That Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
(75) For to us God revealed them to us through the Spirit.
(76) The Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
(77) No one knows the thoughts of God but the Spirit of God.
(78) The Holy Spirit reveals the things given to us by God.
(79) We speak the things that were taught by the Holy Spirit.
(80) The natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God.
(81) You are the temple of God, the Spirit of God dwells in you.
(82) Justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God.
(83) No one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Spirit of God.
(84) The manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
(85) One is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit.
(86) Another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit.
(87) The Gift of healing by the one Spirit.
(88) By one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.
(89) We were all made to drink of that one Spirit.
(90) He sealed us and gave us the Spirit as a pledge.
(91) You are a letter of Christ written by the Spirit of the living God.
(92) Servants of the new covenant by the Spirit.
(93) The letter kills but the Spirit gives life.
(94) The ministry of the Spirit is with even more glory.
(95) Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
(96) The fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
(97) We receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
(98) If we walk by the Spirit will not carry out the desires of the flesh.
(99) The flesh sets it's desire against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh.
(100) The one who sows to the Spirit from shall from the Spirit reap eternal life.
(101) Sealed in Christ with the Holy Spirit of promise.
(102) The Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
(103) We have our access in one Spirit to the Father.
(104) We are built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.
(105) Has now been revealed to His Apostles and Prophets in the Spirit.
(106) Strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man.
(107) Preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
(108) Do not grieve the Spirit of God.
(109) The sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.
(110) Pray at all times in the Spirit.
(111) Who worship in the Spirit of God.
(112) The word was in power and in the Holy Spirit.
(113) Rejecting God who gives His holy Spirit to you.
(114) Do not quench the Spirit.
(115) Salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and faith in the truth.
(116) But the Spirit explicitly says.
(117) Guard through the Holy Spirit, the treasure which has been entrusted to us.
(118) By the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Spirit.
(119) God bearing witness with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
(120) The Holy Spirit says Today if you hear His voice.
(121) The Holy Spirit is signifying this.
(122) And the Holy Spirit bears witness to us .
(123) And insulted the Spirit of grace,
(124) That by the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ.
(125) Preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven.
(126) If you are reviled, the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
(127) But men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.
(128) We know God abides in us by the Spirit whom He has given us.
(129) We know we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us His Spirit.
(130) And it is the Spirit who bears witness because the Spirit is Truth.
(131) Three bear witness, the Spirit, the water and the blood.
(132) Building yourselves up in the most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit.
(133) I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day.
(134) Let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
(135) and he carried me away in the Spirit.
(136) And the Spirit and the bride say come.